Saturday, June 23, 2012

GIY Party: The Set Up

I've got so many amazing photos from Siegel Thurston Photography that I'll be doing a few posts about the GIY party.  
First up: the set up...

When the guests entered the home, they were greeted with a fizzy peach cocktail!  For a 21 and up girls night out, they were the perfect summer treat.  We mixed four parts Champagne, one part Peach Schnapps, and a splash of Grenadine.  An alternate version can easily be made for any non alcohol drinkers with Sprite, Peach Juice, and Grenadine in the same amounts.


A few days before the event, I made a rainbow of tissue paper flowers that were strung across the mantle.  The flowers were a highly effective but very inexpensive way to add a lot of whimsey to the formerly simple living room turned Glitter Gallery.

I had a few pairs of glitter and rhinestone Discotoes displayed in the room for some easy inspiration.


Even the materials add to the atmosphere!  I love the natural wood paint brushes all stacked in a glass...of course I'm a sucker for art supplies so that may have something to do with it.  And of course, when you're working with glue, you always want to remember to keep those brushes clean.


There were over 35 glittery jars to choose from, definitely something for every shoe and every taste!  Its a bit like being a kid in a candy store with all of the fun options.


Of course, whats a party without yummy food!  I'll be doing a separate write up (with recipes of course!) to share all of the goodies we ate that night.



I got the table cloth, napkins, and the adorable flower boxes from a recent trip to Target.  I wanted a fun girlie theme for the night without breaking the bank so color was the name of the game.  I purchased the flowers from a local flower stand and arranged them myself.  It took me about 20 minutes total for both arrangements since they were small and I love how they turned out!  The fuchsia gerber daisies and yellow bachelors buttons were just so darn adorable and I added some greenery from my yard to add color and texture.



I was able to set up everything the evening before (with the help of my wonderful roommate!) so the day of the party was quite stress free.  I came home from a full day of work, did a little bit of food prep, and the party was ready to start.  

If you would like to host a party of your own, I am happy to give you a check list of things to remember and a full list of what I'll provide for the party.  By no means do you HAVE to decorate and put a party together like I did, but its so fun and easy, you'll be happy you did!!

Next up: The Glittery Gals and their Glittery Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...