Friday, July 13, 2012

GIY Party: The Food

Miss the first two installments of the GIY Party?  
See them here:

-----

To me, a party is not a party until there is food involved!  Since I was hosting the party right after work, I knew I needed to get a lot of it set up the evening before.  With the help of my lovely roommate,  we re-arranged furniture, set up the work table, and created some adorable flower arrangements.  This left only the food to worry about after a long day of work.

I wanted to have a fun summery drink to offer the guests when they arrived so we had the makings for Bellinis.


The recipe was quite simple:
2 parts champagne (I used a Rose because I love the pink color)
1 part grenadine
1 part peach schnapps

For a non alcoholic option, some of the girls opted for grenadine and sprite so they still had a pretty, sparkly treat to sip on.

-----

Since everyone works at their own pace, I wanted a menu of food that could be enjoyed over several hours.  While waiting for their shoes to dry, they can chat, eat, and be merry!  By serving a combination of store bought and home-made items, I kept the pre-party stress to a minimum and was able to serve a yummy combination.



Ever since my roommate made this 'California Pizza' for me, I've been hooked!  Its easy, fresh, and oh so delicious.  Start by putting a pre-made pizza crust in the oven at around 350 for 5-10 minutes, enough to warm it up and get it a little bit crispy.  While its in the oven, mash an avocado, cut up red bell pepper, wash a big hand full of spinach, and cut small yellow tomatoes in halves.  Once the crust is done, spread the avocado and sprinkle with lemon pepper.  Next, lay down the spinach and add the peppers and tomatoes on top.  Finish with shredded parmesan.


I love how colorful and light this pizza is!  Its also a great veggie option for those non-meat lovers.


I couldn't host a party without making my all time favorite appetizer, bacon wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese.  By putting them together the night before, I only had to put them in the oven for 30 minutes and they were ready to be devoured.

To make these decadent bites, I cut a slit in the side of dates (which I got from the grocery store with the dried fruits) and stuffed them with goat cheese.  They are wrapped with a half of a piece of regular cut bacon and can be secured with a tooth pick if you'd like (though I didn't and they worked great).  Bake them on a cookie sheet at 375 for about 30 minute, turning every 10 minutes.  I try to keep an eye on them so they get some nice color but not burn, its a fine line.


My store bought spinach artichoke dip was dressed up in a new bowl and served with thin cut baguette.



 I still have a lot to say about the dessert provided by Cake Ball Love and served at the party, but I'm so obsessed with them, its going to require a separate post!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...