Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ask and you shall receive!

I've been having a minor panic attack since moving to the Midwest (Southwest Ohio is the midwest, right?).
Apparently it gets cold here.
Real cold cold...or at least as cold cold as I care to experience.


So what is this southern dwelling gal supposed to do when it gets cold?  I have been slowly pocketing the wise tidbits of information about living with snow/ice/cold over the past few weeks.
For example:
Don't buy the stupid little triangle snow scraper, instead go for the big mamma with a brush and a handle. Sounds easy enough, though the action of scraping my car windows might take a bit o' practice.


I will be the first to admit that I am incredibly naive about live in the frozen tundra, but I do know that if I am going to be a Megan-cicle, I want to at least look good frozen!


So what else would I do but reach out to Ashlee Mello of "A Mello Style" for some fashion guidelines for dressing cute in the cold!  I asked,
”[I] just moved from San Diego, I have NO winter clothes…how do I dress cute, warm, AND on a budget?”

And her answer?


Thanks, Ashlee for your helpful ideas!  




Do you have any suggestions for dressing warm in the cold?


1 comment:

  1. Layers are key. Don't underestimate wearing long-underwear under your jeans. Wear a tanktop, under a shirt, under a sweater. Hats (or earmuffs, depending on your style), gloves, and scarves are key. You can get fun matching sets for pretty cheap if you want to mix things up. Get 1 good pair of gloves (mittens are best for playing in snow!). Also, don't forget to layer your socks! It just helps keep your toes warm. Wear a small cotton ankle pair under a thick woolen pair.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...