Thursday, September 15, 2011

Purple Pretties

My muse and best friend, Lindsay is getting married in EXACTLY ONE MONTH! (...deep breaths, Linds!) This means I get to work on her incredibly fabulous Discotoes!  Her colors are purple and chartreuse, two of my favorite colors together.  Her bridesmaids are all wearing adorable purple dresses and she did not want to be left out of the purple fun.  We designed these fun and chic shoes for her to wear for her very special day.

I custom painted her pumps to give an ombre effect which will transition from purple at the heel to silver at the toe!  By painting the shoe with the colors of the stones, the colors and coverage of the stones looks even more vibrant.








Then came the beginning of the stoning!  I used three different sizes of Swarovski crystals (10ss, 16ss, and 20ss) nestled together in "Purple Velvet".  The accent up the back of the heel as well as the toe of the shoe will be "Silver Shade", and very classy silver!
Of course, these are still in process, more pics to come!


Another side project I've been working on this week is a cute and quirky garland for my new room!  The walls are so bare but because I only brought the bare essentials and I don't want to buy a lot of things right now, I found this project.  


I used a multi colored purple pack of cardstock, cut out different sized circles, and stitched them into a long chain!  It was quite simple but has a really great effect.  I'll be hanging them this weekend and I can't wait to see how it looks against my bright blue walls.

The Discotoes website will be up SO SOON (squeeeeeeel!!) and I can't wait to share it with you!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...