Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bright, bold colors are BACK!

Its March, which means spring is just around the corner!!  I couldn't be more excited to wear my sandals and sun dresses again after my first dreary (though not too cold) Ohio winter.  This past weekend, I repeatedly attempted to walk outside without a coat (when it was certainly cold enough to necessitate one) because my southern living brain was telling me that it should be warm outside!!

I can't quite dust off the spring fashions just yet, but we can dream a bit about whats to come, right?  So what is the trend we'll be seeing this Spring?

Thats right, ladies, COLOR IS BACK.  Can I get an 'amen'?  Pinks, purples, and blues are showing strong, but I would not be surprised to see the whole rainbow of colors available in stores soon.
I did a bit of virtual window shopping tonight and picked out a few of my favorite bright and bold pumps from DSW.  If you don't shop there regularly, I *highly* encourage you to check out the store nearest you.  

They not only have an incredible selection of killer shoes, but their sale rack in the back is really amazing!!  Each of the boxes on the sale rack have a colored sticker that corresponds to a % discount.  Keep your eyes peeled for the purple stickers (70% off!!) and the holy grail of all shoe discounts, the  yellow sticker (%80 off!!!!!!).  I even sort of feel sneaky walking out of the store after snagging such great deals.

Without further ado, here are a few of my picks for amazing colored pumps for spring (that would also be PERFECT for the Discotoes treatment!!)
Lulu Townsend Deena Pump from DSW
I love the bright cobalt blue on these peeptoe pumps.  Not only adorable for your 'something blue' wedding shoe, these would be adorable with a red and white patterned dress for the 4th of July.

Audrey Brooke Bracelet Suede Pump from DSW
I love this fuschia and the purple below because they remind me of the flowers that will be blooming any time now!  I can't wait to visit Findlay Market to see all of the fresh blooms they are sure to sell.
G by GUESS Jasleen Pump at DSW
Fergalicious Utopia Pump at DSW
Even the polkadotted lining is adorable!!
JS by Jessica Oscar Suede Pump at DSW
These suede pumps are a beautiful Coral color, which has become increasingly popular over the past few years.  Not quite pink, not quite orange, coral is a really nice middle color that would compliment blues and greens on top.  Plus, I've been told that wearing Coral makes you look tan...and that is certainly something that this girl could always use!!

Pour La Victorie Ivette Pump at DSW
Lulu Townsend Elanor Pump at DSW
I found these shoes at my local DSW and had to snag them to make Discotoes out of them.  I removed the flower moment as it was a bit too busy for my taste and the pump was instantly sleeker and sexier.  I used a Purple Velvet Swarovski crystal to cover the heel and the middle strap across the toe for a flashy but refined look.  The shoe is an 8 1/2 (that fits like a small 9) and is currently for sale!  Leave a comment or email me at megan@discotoes.com if you want to snag them before anyone else has a chance to get their hands on them!
Kelsi Dagger Felicia Sandal at DSW
These candy apple red platform sandals just beg to be paired with a bright yellow dress with red accessories, ready to welcome the sunshine!


Besides just bright colors, we'll also be seeing a TON of color blocking, with 2, 3, or 4 bold colors on one shoe.  I adore this look and will be sharing those finds with you soon.

I have all of these shoes pinned on Pinterest (follow me HERE) or let me know in the comments if you need an invite to Pinterest so you can start pinning your own favorite spring shoes too.



Do you have a favorite pair?  What color are you most looking forward to wearing this Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...